Sage 50 2021 released on July 15th 2020. The new release provides a few new features that improve ease of use. It also steps up security for those who integrate Sage 50 with Gmail. And the new feature that I haven’t had a chance to test yet but has the potential to be a huge time saver is integration with AutoEntry.com. I’ll give more details about it when I’ve had a chance to test it. Read on for the complete list of new features in Sage 50 2021.
- Memorized Purchase Invoices – Purchase Invoices/Bills has been added to the list of transaction types you can memorize. Complete or partial transactions can easily be memorized and later quickly recalled and edited or used as is to save time an make data entry more accurate and efficient.
- Improved Visibility of Item ID and Job ID in Transaction Windows – In transaction windows with Item and Job fields, you can now hover your mouse over the field to view the entire Item ID or Job ID/Phase/Cost Code. as well as any Assemblies/Phase and Cost Codes associated with the Item or Job ID.
- Improved Gmail Integration – The integration with Gmail has been updated to meet Google’s new security standards. This improves both security and convenience. Once Sage 50 is authorized in Gmail you won’t have enter your Gmail password each day before sending email from Sage 50.
- Ship To Name for Customer Lists – The Ship To Name is now available to add as a column in the Sales Order list, Proposal List, and Sales Invoice list. The Ship To Name also now appears on the Customer Management tab for Sales Invoices, Sales Orders, Quotes, Item Sales History by Customer, and Proposals. Having the Ship to Name adds convenience and makes it easy to filter or group invoices, orders, quotes, or proposals by Ship to Name.
- AutoEntry.com Integration – AutoEntry.com is a cloud based service (additional fees apply) that aims to eliminate manual data entry of purchase invoices. It analyzes scanned and digital invoices, then enters them into your Sage 50 company via an integration service that runs continuously in the background. Invoices can be captured in summary or with line item detail.
- Better Access to Workflow Tracking Details – For users of the Workflow Process features in Sage 50 Quantum, tracking details (Tracking Status, “Assigned To”, and Tracking Note) are available columns in Quotes list and Proposals list.
- Redesigned In-Product Messages – Messages from Sage now display in individual callouts on the side of the program, making them both less intrusive and more easily accessed.
- Network Installation Now Allows UNC Path – New network installations now allow you select a UNC Path instead of a mapped drive letter for your shared data path. Upgrades will preserve existing mapped drive configuration.
- Sage ID – a single login to access all your connected services – Connected services such as Remote Data Access, Bank Feeds, or Invoice Payments, will now all be accessed using your Sage ID. With your Sage ID, you have a single secure login to all of your connected services without the need to enter emails and passwords for each individual service.
- Sage Drive renamed Remote Data Access – New name, same convenient access to your company data from anywhere you have Sage 50cloud installed. With Remote Data Access, you can
- Stay productive, at home or on-the-go.
- Collaborate on your books with a colleague or your CPA.
(Note: This feature is only available with subscription license for Sage 50, not a traditional license)